Existing Member?

New Beginnings...

The wheels on the bus go round and round...

THAILAND | Monday, 4 February 2013 | Views [243]

Checking out and packing is long. But its done and we're on the way to getting to Laos. I'm feeling sad though cos Evan is heading to Chiang Rai and we're heading out to Chaing Kong so we can get the slow boat down the Mekong to Laos. Have a bit of brekkie, hang out my wet towel an that and head out for a massage.

Find a place not too far and get my feet washed, change my clothes into some odd fisherman pants and linen top and get my massage....

I look up and the clock. SHIT! The bus leaves in 40mins, and it could take awhile with traffic, SHIT SHIT SHIT! I change so quickly, pay quickly run outside and they're all there with the bags looking stressed and confused. I need a pee and dash for one. I realise my towel is still on the line and i run to get that with Stijn shouting not to bother, but its my Aussie towel, with lots of memories I CAN'T leave it... I get it and my togs and get into the tuk.....

Thankfully we get there, but I realise I left my pillow in the madness:( Super sad.. Had it and travelled with it EVERYWHERE :(:( We have pleanty of time and we hangout by the terminal.

Our buses come at the same time, and its really sad saying good bye to Evan. Gona miss him!!!!

Super happy that the bus is compfy and Stijn & I make a dash for the seats with the extra leg room- BUUUT there is not toilet and I always need to pee.. Bit nervous, haha

The journey isn't too bad. We had a few toilet stops and a stop for about 40mins somewhere. It was dark by the time we got to Chaing Kong- Found a tuk quite quickly and it could barely get up the hill with our luggage and us in it- haha.

The hostel is really nice, the room isn't bad either, but I'm stuck with the top bunk and the beds are rock hard... Have a bit of dinner and we sit there looking across the dark river AT Laos listening to the music thats playing over the shore. Pretty cool kinda just looking at Laos, and I'm getting pretty excited. There are more Dutch guys at the hostel haha, and we end up joining them at a game of cards, which was nice and they were really nice girls too.. But its an early start tomorrow- we can get a free ride out to the ferry crossing with the hostel too which is nice- so its off to bed...

Took us awhile though as we were giggling and shouting and whinging about the music playing over the river, hahaha

About lozza


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.