Existing Member?

New Beginnings...

Flower festival of Chiang Mai

THAILAND | Saturday, 2 February 2013 | Views [220]

Getting up wasn't so bad, and its the Chaing Mai flower festival.. And I'm keen to check it out. We have brekkie down at Julies, and head over.

We get down there find a little spot on the side and watch the floats come down the high street.. Its pretty awesome and the girls and boys in traditional clothes were awesome. Stijn even gets up and bangs a drum with this old guy with a sick ass cowboy hat on and no teeth.. There was even marching bands.

After it passes us Evan and I head over to the market in the park where there is some more things happening. Frans & Stijn head back to the hostel, they're a bit worn out still.

The floats were soooo amamzing, so much detail made out of flowers! And it smelt amazing. Really enjoyed it till the crazy Asians get out they're Ipads and shove them infront of you?! lol.

The park has tons of food stalls, and even a small fiar ground for kids- DAMMMN IT! You can even win fish- and for a few minutes i was debating if I could travel with one?! After a good look round though we head back, I'm super tiered and so's Evan.

Spend the next couple of hours reading my book, napping and chatting outside..... BUUUUT we said we were gona do sushi tonight and get nicely dressed and have a nice family meal. We wait for the American chick, Kirby to come back from yoga as she knows where we're going. We get ready and then it rains. BAH! Heavy too. We do manage to get out just as we think its getting better- and then we get lost, haha, and its chucking it down. AAAANNNND once we get there, the place is closed.. BUT! There is mexican next door and it was LUSH, good portions, awesome flavours and I finish off everyones plates.

PIIIIING POOOONG SHOOOOOOW! Yeh, we couldn't find one, so the boys head home and Evan, Kirby and I go to a little live jazz bar on a roof top. It was super chilled really enjoyed its.. But its definately bed time, I'm full and sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepy zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

About lozza


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.