Existing Member?

New Beginnings...

Trekking, elephants, white water rafting oh and an orhard farm....

THAILAND | Friday, 1 February 2013 | Views [207]

So Stijn, Frans and I get up early to go on a treck. We paid only 1000B for trekking, white water rafting and elephant riding OH and not forgetting for some random reason and orchard farm..

We're up and head over to 7/11 for some food and head over to julies where we're being picked up.. After maybe 40mins the guy comes and we're taking to the back of a ute with a few more people in.. We pick up more and more and can they really fit in? haha, but we finally get everyone in and we're being to a orchard farm..

Can't really comment much as its uumm flowers in baskets and a few butterflys in cages? AAAANNND I'm on the toilet half the time...

After quite a long bumpy ride we pull into the elephant enclosure and its quite full already.

They are amazing, HUGE. But they are chained and it makes me a bit sad.. we feed them for a bit which was fun with their long trunks grabbing it off you, super cute. Before long though we're told that instead of the elephant trekking first we're off to the white water rafting.

We get into our life vests and helmets and an oar and head to our boat, soooooo cool.. Super pumped. Our guy is hilarious and I'm still confused on some of the stuff he's going on about, lol...

SO MUCH FUN!!!!! We high 5 our oars, splash the other boat and cruise down the river.. shame there wasn't enough rapids though.

We then get onto a bamboo raft thats sinking under us and the water is gross.. not enjoying this part as i have visions of leeches attaching themselfes to my legs!!!! Thankfully we get out and get driven back upstream and head over back to the elephants! YAAAAY!

Getting on the elephants was a struggle and I don't enjoy the guy with the stick that also has a spike on the end.. gggrrrr..

Man this is uncomfortable, haha. The boys share sitting on its neck which seems wierd and we have a little walk up the jungle. We loose the others cos we're taking photos every 5 mins, and our elephant took a massssive wee that turned into a river.. lol. We get to the end and theres a enclosure for them and BABY elephants!!!! SUPER SUPER CUTE. Glad to be getting off though, my bum hurts.

WE find the others down a path and we're being ferried across the river in metal cages about 40m or so above, quite bizzare and it went quite fast, was kinda cool- and we got to see the elephants come down the path and bathe in the water :):):):)

We stop for lunch and have a lovely pad thai wrapped in banana leaf, put waaaaaaaaaaay too much chilli oil on, but its still yum.

We then after lunch set off on the treck to the water fall and it was so lush being in the jungle- we even see an elephant "having a day off" in the jungle just stomping around, which was nice to see... On the way we pass some tiny huts and some crazy ass hills, but we make it and the waterfall is pretty awesome, and i'm pretty hot, so we all jump in. Its freezing, but soo lush at the same time, and only 4 of us get in, the others just watch us swim around?! Why come all this way to sit and look? hhhmmm

By the end point we are all so tiered and we're being taking to a village that I'm not too keen about... And i'm right, super strange with the people just selling the usual tourist crap and they're telling us this is a traditional village.. Its kinda sad, and I just wait in the ute.

The drive back wasn't too bad, we all nap and by the time we get back we have a shower and dinner and head to bed for a early night- and its very peaceful :)

About lozza


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.