Existing Member?

New Beginnings...

Do I have to go?

THAILAND | Wednesday, 23 January 2013 | Views [276]

Waking up, you guessed it HANGOVER!

We decided to get some brekkie in the same place, but Lucas has put a wash on and we have to wait at least an hour.. I can't wait this long so I walk down the road to get some food, bring it back to the hostel and wolf it down.. Eventually we leave, get the bus and find the same spot. I can't eat anything so I just enjoy a nice ice coffee and flash backs of last night pop into my head as we walk down the road "urrm didn't i try piss here last night?!" "Yeh Lorrie, just after you spilled all your drink and chips on the floor of hungry jacks!" aaaaahhhh dear! We get Lucas some jandles and just have a little wander. I come across this girl in the street who was wanting to buy this weird looking animal and bring it back to Aus with her- bizzare and even more so that you can buy it on Kohsan for 1000B, even came with a pink cage!!! I try to convince Lucas to get it as he was wanting a turtle.. haha.. we slowly walk back home and it takes around 40mins and it was a nice walk.. Couldn't make Chinatown, but I'm gona come back when my brother arrives so I'll do it then.... I stop off at the department store to see if i can buy a phone- no point. I don't want 2nd hand..

Get back to the hostel and have a beer and some more food with Lucas and pack a bit- I've never seen our bedside look so tidy- we were the worst in the room!!! Its sad leaving the squat its been an amazing time :( GAH i hate goodbyes... Lucas & his friend want to come to the train station with me so they can buy tickets southwards to 1 of the islands, so its cool to have some company on the way down.. After food we head out and bless Lucas carries my bag down to the pier which is quite a walk.. Such a sweetheart. We end up having to get a cab cos the boats had finished- at 1930!!! WTF I mean thats early to finish a public service.. DAMN IT! The cab however ends up being like 75B anyway- thank god for meter cabs!! We get there and Lucas and I have 1 more beer, well 2 and we decided that if he wants to come hangout in Laos after Thailand he'd be welcome to join.. So we arrange a meeting plan and maybe I'll catch/or he'll catch up to me... Would be nice to have a travel buddy for a bit... We'll see- he's as bad at planning at me, probably worse- and I swear the Germans just can't stick to 1 plan, they'll change them all the time, everyday.. hahaha

I say goodbye and jump on the train, after getting a KFC though. haha. The train is very retro and the seats look compfy enough- I hope no-one will sit next to me.. WRONG... DAMN IT. Its ok they're big seats and i'm drifting off after taking some diazipan.. However its not getting me off to a big sleep, so i grab a beer and a feed from the resturant car and sit at the back by the window.. I hate sitting on the aisle cos you can't rest your head anywhere and my neck hurts... and also there is a screaming baby and a yappy chichua dog around me!!!!! I drop another diazapan cos i swear this 1 isn't doing anythizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz... i fall asleep, but then move to the back and sleep under the chairs cos i just can't get compfy sitting up.. zzzzzzzzzzzzz i move again zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz some 1 has left and there is an empty seat so i move so i can lie down zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz i wake up its day time zzzzzzzzzzz duno what time it iszzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz haven't got a phone or watch? are we nearly there zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz man i just can't stay awakzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.. I move around so much i'm confused and everyone must think i'm crazy... after anther 4hour snooze i wake again and get a coffee, i mean this is sillzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz aaaaaaagh! I just can't stop sleeeping!!!!!! 

Finally we get there, i think its a good thing, cos at least i can get to the hostel. I get out and get into a shared taxi tuktuk and i'm the last out, but he's got me there.. Gotta walk down a dodge ally but i find the hostel, I WANA GO TO BED! 

I can only check in for 3nights. hhhmmm. I'll figure something out later. I can't get a shower in cos the showers full. I end up dressing myself and renting a scoot, f**k it!! Gotta get out an do something.

Does Chiang Mai have petrol stations? I mean I drove around for hours trying to find 1- I did finally but man it took ages!

I also find the bus station and enquire on buses to Pai- 150B and the hostel was 180B... Wonder if that'll inc taxi?

I get some street food, get lost on the way back and have a shower

I'm not full enough, so I try a white curry, never had that before and It was nice :)

Gotta figure out some things to do/see tomorrow... few temples, shopping.. Just want a good sleep tonight zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

About lozza


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.