Existing Member?

New Beginnings...

My name is Lorrie and I have a drinking problem...

THAILAND | Monday, 21 January 2013 | Views [248]

So I wake up and its my last day-I have to see the grand palace etc.. So I head out. Can't find Lucas, probably passed out somewhere so I head out and have a Lorrie day...

The main pier was soooo busy and with a bit of a hangover its not enjoyable. I get to the first temple and its huge!!!!! I should of worn jandles, but i have this huge blister where my jandle goes between my toes and i can't wear them. Its very annoying having to take my shoes off all the time, lace them up etc.. haha.. In the first temple they have a HUGE lying down Buddha... To go in I have to cover my shoulders (forgot about a shall) and I have to wear this hilarious neon green dressing gown... Getting in was a hassle as everyone is pushing and trying to get to the best angle spots to get a photo at... He is so awesome though- just HUGE! And at the end where his feet are is his toes and the spirals of his prints is made from mother of pearl, it was stunning.. Loved it. 

Heading to the grand palace was closer in my head.. And once getting there it was hussle central.. The palace were charging 500B for a rental skirt! WTF! Over the road though I notice that you can rent shirts for 30B- Choice. I get given this sky blue hawiain shirt and its just sticky from someone elses sweat haha.. 

I mean the palace is impressive and i don't want o whinge but 500B its not worth it.. I have a look around, sit in the temple.. but its just too much and you can't even go inside the house part!? Still it is pretty though.. I make my way to find the big emerald Buddha, but first its food time, I haven't eatern...  grab a Pad Thai which wasn't too bad and get up the energy to get to the emerald Buddha.

I find out that its INSIDE the grand palace where I'd just come from and there's no re-entry. Idiot. Missed out on that! :(

Next time..

I make my way over to get to the train station so I can buy my ticket for Chiang Mai- and the pier is chocker block- I feel ill, hot, humid, sleepy, hungover, irritable you name it, that was me.. And there was no space to sit down and they really know how to pack out the boats. When I finially get there I walk around for ages trying to find the god damn train station and end up getting on a bus about 3stops cos its just winding ally ways and there is no chance I'll come out alive! haha

The train ended up costing 430B 2nd class schedualed at 10pm tomorrow. SHHHUUUWEEEET. I head back to the pier and of course its hell easier on the way back AND i get a seat, thankgod...

I get back to the hostel and i need a beer. Lucas isn't around, so I just chill with some of the guys downstairs (for a change..) I get slowly drunk and chat with a guy called Tim, from England for about 2hours about old skool DNB raves, raves and how amazing it once all was.. Seeing as we're the same age etc.. It was funny, we both agreed we wish we never met one another cos it was bringing back memories!!! haha... Lucas gets back with his friend, they'd been sightseeing all day aswell, and were ready for the games to start...

We get the usual, vodka etc and play drinking games- we only have 1 dice so we have to roll twice and it was getting confusing. After awhile we head out to Kohsan road all 4 of us and it just spirls down hill from there. 

I have no shoes on, no underwear on.. My top is falling down and 1 of the French girls is holding it for me. 

I try to get another tattoo and Lucas buys this crazy hat that we end up loosing.. He also falls asleep everywhere we go

We get feet massages and he falls asleep there too.. It was very funny, but its time to go to bed- 

All we did was walk around getting kebas and hungry jacks alllll night cos Lucas and I were just too hungry and I was spilling everything on the floor.. LOOSE! The poor girls must think we are mental. hahahahaha

About lozza


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.