Existing Member?

New Beginnings...

First week teaching, done!

THAILAND | Saturday, 8 December 2012 | Views [189]

So this other teacher rocked up from Bangkok early Tuesday morning. Arse. haha, Nah, he's alright, but he's totally full of himself, not my kinda person. We went out for some dinner on Tuesday after school and had a walk around town, and it wasn't too bad.. But i found myself biting my tongue every 5 mins not to answer back to him, he's aaarrgh so mr know it all and he over talks me all the time.

All of Wednesday we have off as its the King's birthday. We stroll around town, I buy some new shoes and shirts for work, nothing spesh- have about 100 ice creams and find a music store that sells ukele's seeing as mine was broken by the coach driver.. But they seem well over priced :( I'll haggle with that though, I miss my uke!

The week at school went well. Got on the Songtao (bus) the other morning for just 20B, but I could hardly sit inside as it was so tiny.. haha

The Thai teachers were telling me how well I teach, and how the students are enjoying the classes, which made me feel tons better. They're all still being so friendly and its a nice enviroment. Still can't get used to them standing up for me when I walk in "Stand up for teacher please!" They all ask how I am, and how my day is in unison.. Then I have to tell them to sit down otherwise they would stand there all day....

The same teacher who took me out for dinner, and it still bugs me that I don't know her name took me to the doctor the other night. Its been 5 days without being able to hear properly. I'm greatful she did cos she wrote down for the doctor what was wrong so that he'd know what was wrong, instead of me trying to explain in broken English. Its been a right pain being half deaf all the time. Seeing as the teachers are all so small I have to bend down anyway to hear them, and now that I'm deaf its even worse! I get to the doctor at 18:30 and this tiny clinic is packed! Great, I'm gona be sitting here stared at for hours... After 10mins the doctor calls me. He's really nice, speaks English and tells me straight away its just wax build up, which I had thought, but he was telling me every time I clean my ears its pushing the wax further down.. greeeeat, how do I get it out... Yep, a needle, a huge neecle with a sucktion on the end. Its horrible. He can only do it for a few mins, as its that painful, I can feel it scratching around my head.. Is this normal?? It unblocks for a little bit, but its not long before it goes mute again :( He give's me tablets, and some liquid and tells me to come back Tuesday.. I can't wait cos its really starting to irritate me.. I feel like I'm in a bubble in my head, its very confusing.

Friday was sooooo boring, I have 3 classes all day, and a 3hour break inbetween... Nothing to do but read a book. You'd think this would be enjoyable, but it does get annoying seeing as most of my days I sit and read... At least I'm getting paid! My last class on Friday was 16-17year olds, and they were awesome. My lesson plan was so easy, but I focused more on they're pronouncation.. And most of them weren't that good, but I made a game of it and had them all laughing. Apparently they really enjoyed it which was good.

Gotta do some new lesson planning over the weekend, and its hard on my little kindle. Can't wait to get my mac fixed back in Phuket when I go for NY.. Its driving me kookoo. We have a 3 day weekend, as there is another bank holiday on Monday.

Come saturday I'm not feel great, my ear is making me dizzy and I feel worn out.. So i cancel my trip to Krabi to get some rest.. It was well needed. I was woken up though by the teacher who'd come by to tell me she'd found me a place that will rent a scooter to me and Mr. Dee.. Awesome!!! Nowhere in this town rents out like other places, so for her to have gone to the trouble to find someone willing is just great. She is super lovely.. It happens to be auto, kinda gutted as I wanted a manual, but hey! Its a scoot, 2000B (between 2) for 1month, so thats like $32... Road triiiiiiiiiip on Sunday.. Gona go off to the Phattalung beach and waterfalls.. Probably nothing spesh, but its nice to have the freedome again. Can't wait to see Mr know it all's face when he finds out we've got one.. ber he'll moan that its auto.. BAH! I think we're quite simular actually, DAMMIT! hahahaha

Tags: doctor, scooter

About lozza


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.