Existing Member?

New Beginnings...

Pang!

THAILAND | Monday, 19 November 2012 | Views [324]

I need to stop drinking.

I need to start organising my life.

I should think about where I'm going.

Ended up going out to a bar opening in Phuket town with my Finnish friend from the hostel, we drove down not wearing helmets (Yes Dad ;-) if your reading this, i'm sorry..) And as we approached Phuket we were told by locals to get them on, as there was a check point at the end of the street- Yep! that was close, avoided a 300B fine. Get to this bar and it was like being back in Europe somewhere. You would not have guessed you were in Thailand. Everything was free. Yep. Drinks. Food. The lot. I knew it was a bad sign the min we walk in and we're offered champers! On a school night!! We get an amazing feed, buffet and we sit down and chomp away.. Later on we realise that the beers are free too. BAD idea. We end up leaving around 11ish, and head back to the hostel. We stoped off at the reggae bar and have another beer. It was a good night, but I woke up with a hangover. Great!

This weekend has been mental. Finished school on Friday normal time of 3. Got back and some Kewi lads had checked in. We got on really well. Ended up drinking and heading out into Patong. AAAAA again, wrong move!!!! Ended up loosing 2 of them and the rest of us just cruised round drinking... Ended up on the beach, swimming and running around starkers and it was pissing down with rain and it was so warm, it was lush! I don't know how we manage to drive 3 of us back on the scooter in the rain, but it was hilarious- 3 falang soaking wet screaming down the hills!! The other boys apparently rocked in at 7am after nearly getting jipped by some local girls- all in all it was a good night. Awesome fun, too much tequilla, too too much!

We ended up driving out to a waterfall Saturday- Got lost and it was baking!!! Made it there, and we firstly had to pay 200B to go in- where the Thai's pay 20B.. Secondly the waterfall was tiny and not impressive at all. Esp being used to the amazing ones they have in NZ this was shit. We stayed for about 1hr before driving back. When we got back we were all so sore from driving for ages with 3 people on our scooter and I was keeeeen for a massage.. Everyone else ended up coming, so we head down to the same one that I'd gone to before. We all manage to get a bed each in the same room, cos we were worried they could only do 3/4 at a time, and there was 6 of us. It was hilarious cos one of the lads was snoring!!! Massage was awesome, better than the last 1, much more intesnse. Left feeling awesome, but super tiered, so we all have a disco nap waking up at 10PM. We get up, have tea again and start drinking. And thats where it alllll went wrong... We went to the reggae bar for a bit and they had fire dancers and live music, and it was awesome. The bar is under a tree and you feel that your in a treehouse with hammocks and vines everywhere, its an awesome vibe. Had a go on the digereedoo and had a good little dance.. Yep, you've probably guessed it.. ended up in Patong.. We get there and the boys want to head out to this party that I'd been told about by my friend, so we head down the beach more. Took us 20mins to get there, and the other boys ran out of fuel.. haha, had to wake some poor lady up to buy them some. They also ended up in the bush and nearly got taken back by lady boys.. These guys know how to get loose... Jokers! We end up loosing them on the road and the 2 boys I was with wanted to get some ladyboys so we walk around Patong for ages just drinking and laughing at everyone.. Failing this mission we decided to drive back to our local beach, and go swimming. Ended up driving the bike onto the beach and crashing into the deckchairs, it was hilarious as no-one tried to jump off we all just fell with the bike under us, all still sitting on it. No-one was hurt, it was only sand. Swam around again for ages untill loads of dogs turn up barking at us all.. Drive the dogs away with the scoot beeping away at them- We're bloody loose at this point, and probably if we were caught we'd have been in big trouble. 

Woke up this morning feeling not to shabby and the boys are off packing cos they're going Phi Phi.. We sit in bed just monged out for a bit. After they left I drag myself to the shop to get water and I can feel my hangover kicking in and my sore muscles from sitting on that bike for too long, squidged inbetween 2 of them.. aaaagh, I'm back to bed- Walking in the hostel I noticed the bike is covered, COVERED in sand... Had to clean that up. Long. Trying still to finish off my lesson plan for tomorrow as I have 1hr teaching to prep for. Might just wing it, can't be asked, and I have no attension span at all. Bump into my friend who was the 1 who told me about the party in the first place, and he'd got back at 9ish to have a nap and ended up waking up at 5am... Silly! Its a shame cos he's good company and I haven't seen him much during the week cos we both work. Maybe next week. And I should take him up on his offer to go hang out at the studio and listen to him play. He's asked me twice now. 

Getting a bit anxious about jobs. Probably won't take that one with the agency cos they're offering crap money... And I've been applying, but no word yet- Having said that, it is the weekend probably won't get a reply till mid week... Fingers crossed. I'm tempted though to have some time off and travel around a bit. The course finishes this week. I thought it was for 4 weeks, but its only 3! Can't be out of work too long, need an income. Spending waaaay too much money. Its stupid. Meals, gas, bought a new camera (finally) and nights out in Patong. aaaargh!!!! But Phuket is expensive. Heading north could be a good idea, but we'll see. Gotta do the islands before I leave. Maybe I Should have gone with the guys from the school.. But I wasn't in the mood to hang out with 1 of them, he drives me potty.. And besides I had more fun than I woluld have if I went I reckon.

So much to decided. Its wierd cos I haven't given it much thought. Got to think of a plan. Need to sort my life out. Need to stop drinking and getting loose... 

UNNNNTILL next weekend I guess. RRAAARRTIIING!

About lozza


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.