Existing Member?

New Beginnings...

Ron Grien

THAILAND | Thursday, 15 November 2012 | Views [232]

Had a class today, and it was awesome. Wasn't as nervous as last time, but knowing that we had the materials with us was a bonus. 

The kids didn't have a clue what was going on, and we also had a Thai teacher in with us, and thankgod she was there cos i reackon the kids would have run amuck! We tried A-G with flashcards and words, gave out a few work sheets, and they were waaaay to advanced for some, but they did it eventually. It taught me that you can only keep them on 1 task for a total of 10mins, cos they start to switch off.. At the end they gave us back they're work and i'll definately hang onto those. At the end of class they all came over to us wai-ing us, and high fiving us, it was lovely. Got more class with them tomorrow, so we have a few more tasks to do with them- but for 30mins we have to do it solo instead of doing it in pairs.. But thats fine I was surprised at how well I kept the situation under controll, and even coming up with new ideas as we were running out of things to do.

Got an email back from one of the positions I was interested in, and its teaching 13-18year olds, in a boarding school with on site accomodation- apartment apparently.. HOW COOL?! But I'm just worried that its too much teaching for what I can do. I think I'd rather stick to 7-13 year olds.. One of the other teacher sounds keen on the same job as there are 2 positions, and the headteacher said he'd be happy to have us both there, and that would be kinda cool as she is more structured that I am, and i think it would be awesome to have somebody i knew already there- and they take you into town every Saturday to do a shop.. And even If I wanted to go into CM every once in awhile I could just hire a scooter for the day? I'll send off the application and see what happens. I'm worried though because on the application form they ask about tattoos and piercings, and I reckon that would be a problem for that type of school as its very traditional AND being a boarding school in Thailand, which is rare enough as it is.

 

Possibly going over to Phi Phi on saturday for the day and night- 1 of the girls got a deal for all 8 of us at 1000B, which is like $30! Pick up from the school, ferry, snorking, lunch.. $30, annnnd we got more of a discount cos they know we're teachers.. WIIIININNNG! Then the hostel there is like $6 a night, easy. Get loooooooooooooooSE!

When I got back to the hostel this arvo I was downstairs catching a smoke and doing some colouring, and the 2 little girls here sat down with me and drew me lots of drawings and I did some teaching with Pim the little one, who doesn't speak much English and she was loving it... She responded to it all really well, it was lovely- She even, the little bugger scribbled all over my laptop, haha.. Its quite cute though :-) She likes to feed me sweets aswell. Shes awesome.

Can't wait for the weeeeekEEEEND! Almost went to a ping pong show tonight till i realised it was quite late, and on a school night! haha. 

Gotta get out of this habbit that I've got at the moment where I'm not wearing shoes.. I take them off all the time before going into shops, so whats the point of even having them?! My jandles broke, and I seem not to wear anything since. 

 

Easy living haha

 

About lozza


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.