Existing Member?

New Beginnings...

Pbai rong rein....

THAILAND | Wednesday, 14 November 2012 | Views [267]

Its been rather boring to update recently.. Not been doing much, and school has been same old.

Getting a bit of an upset tummy, and thankgod for those hose things by the toilet!! LIFE SAVERS! hahaha..

We got out quite early today at like 2pm. We were working on our lesson plans for our actual lessons tomorrow! Not as nervous, as I think we've obviously had time to prep a lesson plan, worksheets, flashcards etc.. And we're in pairs. *Luke and I get on very well, same birthdays haha.. And we both have simmular ways of doing things- maybe a bit too relaxed as we didn't over do our lesson plan.. I like that we have maybe guides to follow, but going in there a little un-preped wouldn't be the end of the world. We know what we're doing- starting with getting to know you questions, and then 2 blocks of 15mins with alphabet and numbers.. We've got our work sheets and flashcards done, so we'll see what happens. I wouldn't be surprised if we get older classes.. Apparently we've all got 5-6yr olds with each class having 25-30students... They can't have that many 5-6year olds.. They were so un-organised last time, and no-one knew what was going on, so I wouldn't be surprised if what we've been told is a load of BS.. We'll see.. 

Got home yesterday to find that I'd been given an offer for a few jobs and that I need to send off the application forms as soon as possible. Its through an agency mind, so they aren't offering that much money... But the one that takes my fancy the most is Phitsanulok, which is a small town 2hours south of Chaing Mai, which is where I first wanted to get to.. So thats a bonus and the cost of living wouldn't be too high. Having said that I'm going to keep my options open. I've applyed for a few more jobs, that have a HUGE salary so fingers crossed for those positions to hopefully get back to me. Its all becoming very real and I'm starting to get really nervous that I won't be able to think up new lesson plans.. And the thought of teaching more complexed English is worrying me incase I can't think of anything new. But I'll cross that bridge when I have to, its all practise at the end of the day..... 

Hopefully tomorrow will go well, and I'll come out feeling OK about it all, and not totally freeked! 

About lozza


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.