Existing Member?

Loza's Travels his is it! I am finally getting my chance to travel the land of Europe! Starting with Turkey and the Greek Islands including ANZAC day at Gallipoli before making my way to work in London. Then hopefully earning some money to fund more travel experience

Mission to stonehenge

UNITED KINGDOM | Saturday, 8 September 2007 | Views [555]

On the road again... Caught the bus down to Poole to meet up with Julie and use her vet wagon for a daytrip around the countryside. Our mission, stonehenge and back. Headed out all good managed to find a backish way to Salisbury as the motorways here are quite scary. Then onto stonehenge via only a few turn-arounds.

Parked in someones driveway so didn't have to pay for parking but succombed and payed the entrance 6.90 to get inside the gated area. It also gave us a walkie-talkie guide to some of the history about these rocks. It told of the theories behind how they came about, some of the oldest rocks around 5000 years old, how exactly blue rock from Wales weighing tonnes came to be in this circle on a grassy hill that lines up in a sort of sun dial formation. It was quite surreal for a pile of rocks, just an eerie sort of feeling around it. But then you look away from the rocks and it is situated on the fork of a major road with heaps of traffic streeming by.

Drove the countryside a bit as maps weren't that good so got a bit lost but found some cute little english villages and country pubs along the way. Some of the older houses even had thathed roofs. Had hot chocolate and scones at a quaint little tea house set in this beautiful english garden. Was a great road trip with Julie and I was able to tick stonehenge of my things to do list!  

Tags: On the Road

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.