Existing Member?

Loza's Travels his is it! I am finally getting my chance to travel the land of Europe! Starting with Turkey and the Greek Islands including ANZAC day at Gallipoli before making my way to work in London. Then hopefully earning some money to fund more travel experience

Kusadasi

TURKEY | Sunday, 29 April 2007 | Views [973]

Time to continue our journey down to Kasadasi.  Stopped at the ruins of Pergamum which are up on this huge hill which were first built in the 3rd Century BC. Great view out over the surrounding land so they could see intruders coming but just amazed how they got all that marble up there! Wouldn't want ot be a Roman slave!


Random stop next at a Turkish carpet shop, I think someone was getting a commission! Poor ladies that make the carpet, so much work goes into each one, can take months.  First taste of Raki - the turkish liqueur, very much like Ouzo but not very nice! Beautiful range of carpets but i just can't justify buying one!


Kusadasi, our bus stopped down at the port and we had to walk up about 200 stairs with my pack weighing close to 20kg! But "Oh my GOD" when we got to our room all sweaty and knackered that view... we had the amazing view looking out over the ocean over to the Greek island of Samos, Stunning (see the photos).  Shared our double room with a couple Mel and Matt from Brisbanewe met on bus 61 to save a few pennies as there was plenty of room. Had a few beers on our balcony just chillin and getting to know the others and watched the sun go down, tough life! Then we were summoned by the rest of bus 61 and we headed out to see what Kusadasi nightlife was like! Great night, ended up at Jimmy's Bar beer, cocktails and dancing to horrible love songs like Whittney Houston, Big night!

Tags: Party time

 

 

Travel Answers about Turkey

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.