Existing Member?

Loza's Travels his is it! I am finally getting my chance to travel the land of Europe! Starting with Turkey and the Greek Islands including ANZAC day at Gallipoli before making my way to work in London. Then hopefully earning some money to fund more travel experience

Ephesus

TURKEY | Monday, 30 April 2007 | Views [533]

Slept in... well deserved, was a big night with the crew of bus 61, finally got up and headed out to the ruins of Ephesus around lunchtime.  Caught a local dolmus out there for 3 lira and 10 lira to get in, much cheaper than doing it with the tour group! A few of us hired Audioguides so we sort of knew what we were looking at! The huge ampitheatre was unreal, holding up to 40,000 people in its time and the acoustics, those Romans weren't dumb!
The library of Celcius was where they kept the ancient partchments and the attention to detail of this building was just mind blowing (see photos). Then iot was time to see how the romans did their business, the toilets I mean!  Very social just an area with holes over the bench, no doors or partions. Was really amazing how well the Turkish have kept the ruins of the former Roman capital of Asia, absoultely amazing!
Time for a quite night, sunset on the balcony with a wine, dinner down at a local cafe run by a man named jesus! so we called the workers his deciples!

Tags: Sightseeing

 

 

Travel Answers about Turkey

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.