Existing Member?

Where in the world is Lani?

Day 121 - Playing Monopoly

UNITED KINGDOM | Friday, 18 May 2007 | Views [1030] | Comments [1]

I think Monopoly is the best board game around, so on my first proper day in London, when I didn't have a clue what to start with, I reverted back to my childhood days of playing one of my favourite boardgames! I bought a travelcard, rolled the dice and then set off to some familiar named locations, after passing go (with no £200 though...)

I started on Leicester Square, which also has a tube station nearby. This is a really busy part of London, with tonnes of shops, souveiner stands and food shops. It was really nice to wander around, people watching and looking at the sites. I went to the National Portrait Gallery while I was here and saw an exhibition on art in the fashion world which was great!

Next I went to nearby Regent Street which nearly wiped me out of all my cash (literally). Here I found some of the best shopping ive ever seen in my life, with great stores lining the streets.... a Starbucks Coffee shop on every corner and enough storefronts to keep me occupied for hours on end! 

Kings Cross Station is the main tube station here in London, and so i have been visiting there every day to change trains on the way to different places I'm visiting.

Other places i've seen are:

  • Picadilly

  • Coventry Street

  • Oxford Street

  • Park Lane

  • Mayfair

  • Marylebone Station; and

  • Marlborough Street

Its crazy seeing all these places in real life after knowing them for so long! One things for sure, you need to be the banker when you are in London. Prices here are really expensive, so it helps to have extra cash when you are visiting!!!

Tags: Sightseeing

Comments

1

im always the banker!!

  meegan May 24, 2007 8:32 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.