Existing Member?

Where in the world is Lani?

Day 84 - Apartment Living

BRAZIL | Wednesday, 11 April 2007 | Views [1160]

Well, I have finally reached further south in Brazil, after tearing myself away from my sun filled few weeks in Floripa. It was one of the hardest places to leave, after spending the most time in one spot (at Pousada Ancora) so far - over 2 weeks.

A bus, very cold air conditioning and 5 hours later I have arrived in downtown Porto Alegre, and im staying with my beautiful Brazilian friend Caina and her partner Luciano.

Porto Alegre is one very beautiful and well organised place. The area I am staying in is clean, tree lined and has all the amenities that a person could want within walking distance. I am enjoying the luxury of staying in an apartment for the first time in 3 months. Hostels and backpackers are wonderful - dont get me wrong - but its so nice not to have to lock up my stuff every night and to have some privacy!

So for the next week, i'll be exploring the city with my friends and seeing some Brazilian theatre, live music and just being a local! Last night I hung out with a large group or Caina's friends from Brazil, and even though my Portuguese isnt great, we had a ball and there were no problems talking all night and having fun! Brazil is a most wonderful place -  you all need to come for a visit!

Ciao from the comfortable sofa,

Lani

Tags: Relaxation

 

 

Travel Answers about Brazil

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.