Existing Member?

Where in the world is Lani?

Day 70 - Ilha Campeche

BRAZIL | Wednesday, 28 March 2007 | Views [977] | Comments [1]

Well it just keeps getting better here in southern Brazil! Today my new group of international mates (Sofia - Argentina, Hans - Germany, Jamail - Alaska and Lilly - Armenia) and I went to the most lovely island around - Isla Campeche here off the coast of Florianopolis for a day on the beach (for a change!). They trip didnt tart to well, as in true South American style I paid the tourist price (35 reals = $17US) for the boat, fruit and water; whilst some of my other mates took the slightly íllegal boat and saved 10 reals (though they got everything we got on our boat....) Oh well!

The trip across was wonderful, as we got to see more of Santa Catarina from the ocean view, more than you can see by foot.  Campeche defeintely has the WOW factor!  With 5 km of white sands and ok surfing conditions, Campeche beach is considered the Bells Beach of the Santa Catarina Island for the quality of its waves. Across the water (about an hour by our boat) the paradisiacal beauty of Ilha do Campeche is wonderful. This island is a paradise for surf, windsurf, sailing and fishing.

Brazilian and South American tourists – such as Argentineans, Uruguayans and Chileans – were amongst the other ones there (but they are not considered Gringos!). The island has a great variety of beaches – the long ones, with large sand strip; the small ones, encrusted in backwaters; those with strong waves; and the ones of calm sea, looking like lagoons; urbanized ones full of bathers; and deserted ones, with access by trail only.

We spent the day lazing on the white sand, swimming in the aqua waters, drinking caiprinas (the local drink) and keeping ourselves out of the hot sun to avoid burning.

In the evening we sailed back to the mainland. chewing on fresh watermelons, enjoying the paradise of this place. We feasted on the local version of dinner - rice, black beans, hot chips, salad, fish and (of course) cold beers! Perfecto!!!!!!!!!!

Ilha Campeche, Floripa

Ilha Campeche, Floripa

Tags: Beaches & sunshine

Comments

1

i bet thats how the beach looked after a few beers LOL
love you lots

  meg Apr 3, 2007 12:41 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Brazil

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.