Existing Member?

Where in the world is Lani?

Day 67 - Florianópolis, Brazil

BRAZIL | Sunday, 25 March 2007 | Views [1195] | Comments [3]

Well, just when I thought i´d seen enough sand and surf for a lifetime in Galápagos, ive arrived in the beach capital of Brazil - Florianópolis in the south east. Where to begin with the beautiful place (and word) Florianopolis? Say it once and you will fall in love with the sound as beautiful images appear in your mind. Say it twice and you'll hear music as the words smoothly roll off your tongue. Its a great name for a great place!

Florianopolis or what most call Floripa is on the Island of Santa Caterina in Southern Brazil. The island inhabits 42 beautiful beaches, great shopping, delicious restaurants, and an excellent nightlife. I am staying in Barra da Lagoa, a quaint little beach town encompassed by a gorgeous stretch of ocean water known as Praia Mocambique. Thus holding the title of the longest beach on Santa Caterina, only a 5-minute hike away is yet another lovely beach. 

On this 51km long and 18km wide island asphalt roads, dunes, rivers, streams, and more extend all over. In the heart of the island lies a large lake, Lagoa da Conceptíone which is very beautiful! Ive spent some time down at the lake just sitting and watching life go by and its wonderful!

I have to say that my favourite thing so far about Floripa is the beautiful people here (inside and out). I have never met a bunch of more hospitable people, ready to go out of their way to help you every time! And of course, the beaches here are full of beautiful people as well - I now know why the Brazilian bikini wax has been named after these people - some choose to wear almost nothing to the beach at all! When you´ve got it, flaunt it I guess!

Anyhoo, im having a ball here and have decided to extend my stay through until just before easter so I can enjoy as much of the beaches as possible!

Ciao for now,

Lani 

Just a typical day in Florianopolis

Just a typical day in Florianopolis

Tags: Beaches & sunshine

Comments

1

Looks gorgeous, hun. Glad you're having a fab time...u deserve it! Thanks for the postcard, we got it yesterday. Take care. x-x-x

  Jo Mar 28, 2007 10:42 AM

2

hello! I dicovered the benefits of Flipa by accident. Can you suggest places to go and stay that are quiet and safe...Looking for a month or two stay.Thank you.

Tom

  Tom Casey Apr 24, 2007 3:46 AM

3

Que bom que gostou de floripa
Espero que venha mais vezes
para conhecer tudo o que ha de
bom aqui!!!
:D

  Bruno Jul 29, 2008 3:28 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Brazil

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.