Existing Member?

Where in the world is Lani?

Day 35 - Siete Lagos Tour

ARGENTINA | Wednesday, 21 February 2007 | Views [1266] | Comments [1]

Today I did another tour of an area here called the "Siete Lagos" (7 lakes) and also to a nearby place called San Martín in the mountains. We departed Bariloche at 8 AM and travelled by the shores of Lake Nahuel Huapi (the biggest lake here). The road was winding and filled with natural beauties of trees, lakes and a nice skyline. After driving through the town of Villa La Angostura, a small skiing town with some touristic statues etc, we took the “7-Lake Road” along the way.

We viewed the lakes Correntoso, Espejo, Villarino, Falkner, Hermoso, and Machónico. Along the way we stopped at various small villages - some with ducks, chicken and farm animals! So cute! One place we stopped to sample the local speciality - tostas fritas - literally fried toast. The were small pastries deep fried with sugar over the top. Think of a flat, square cinnamon donut and you are on the right track! 

We arrrived in the neigbouring town of San Martín de los Andes, on the shores of Lake Lácar, in the afternoon where I sampled a steak the size of my head! It was so nice, but very filling!!! I walked the plaza and saw more markets and some live pan pipe music which was very authentic and mountain-like.


We returned back along the Cordoba Pass, where we saw Lake Meliquina, the Meliquina River, Ruca Cura, the meeting of the Traful and Limay rivers, and a spot known as “Enchanted Valley.” It is so nice out here - travelling on long straight roads for hours where we may not pass a single car at all!

I got loads of photos so i´ll try and get them uploaded soon. For now, im back to Buenos Aires on 23/2 for a few days before heading to Galapagos!

Ciao

Lani

The view of Tonador Volcano near San Martin

The view of Tonador Volcano near San Martin

Tags: Mountains

Comments

1

wow very creative photography Lanz

  Doanie Feb 23, 2007 10:11 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.