Existing Member?

Robbie Hey everybody!! This journal was set up to keep everyone up to date with my travels through China and Vietnam. I will be volunteering in China up in the north west part of the country in a city called Urumqi for 13 weeks, helping out (hopefully) with teaching english. I will then have some time in Beijing to explore the sights. I then move on to Vietnam to meet up with my mum for a few days in Ho Chi Minh then fly up to Hanoi to volunteer with a local volunteer agency SJ Vietnam for 10 weeks. Then I fly home just in time for my 21st birthday. This journal will keep you up to date with all my volunteering adventures!!

Whats been happening since buckets in Thailand....

SINGAPORE | Thursday, 19 November 2009 | Views [708]

Hello hello, I have not been keeping up with this page as well as last time.....so apologies and time for a catch up!!!

I hope you are all doing well-happy 90th to Nanny wow!!!!

Ok so Thailand was the end of september.....I can't believe the first semester is nearly over it has gone so quick.  So October was time to actually get down and do some uni work as it was assignment time...but as usual travel options sprung up....so at the beginning of October I headed off to Penang and langkawi in Malaysia....for the weekend.  It was so nice-Penang was a bit quiet it was low season, but we headed to the beach hoping for some horse riding but the guy didn't turn up...damn so we got on a bus and went off to a temple on the hill which we had to run up as we had 15 minutes before closing....and we ended up getting locked in.  NIce place to camp for the night....nah we eventually got let out :-)

The next day we caught a ferry to Langkawi-we ran into a friend we had met in Thailand who ended up being next door at the hostel...small world-it wasn't even planned.  That night we headed off in search of a good beach party and found one at the reggae bar...very nice very relaxed-my friends i went with volunteered me to get up on stage to sing along with Susannah....i admitted my name was katie :-)  So all round a nice spontaneous weekend adventure.

And then it was back to Singapore to study study study and may be a little party on the side :-)  I celebrated my birthday in Singapore-we went out for a nice dinner to a hot pot restaurant-then out to our favourite club Attica, it ended at 5-6 ish the next morning so it was a good night!!!  Thank you everyone for the cards-presents and well wishes- I tried to reply to everyone!!

So at the beginning of Novemeber I went off for a spontaneous weekend trip again to Phuket-hmmm not so nice, its very touristy-very commercial and the beaches wern't as pretty as Ko Phi Phi, but still a fun weekend, no complaints coming from me- i would travel anywhere and I am trying my hardest to achieve it :-)  Its just amazing how cheaply you can travel once you are based in Southeast Asia-it really is hard to even beleive how much i have seen just in the first half of the year......

And sorry to keep going I know i know what more could i have done- well I went off to Bali for a week during our reading week for exams....there was a sale on airfares so hard to resist.  We stayed at Kuta for the first 4 nights-we all attempted to surf- I really am not a typical aussie-I was definatley the palest on the beach-I couldn't surf-but I had fun trying-Bali was full of Australians it was insane.  And I have to say I think I have moved a notch up from albino to slightly white :-)  The 5th night we headed off to see more of the island and went to Padeng Padeng and dreamland beach-very nice very relaxed..And then it was time to come back to Singapore again where I am now writing this blog and still not studying.... woops getting onto that right now.

Yeah so thats a bit of a catch up- I probably left out some-ahhh just too much.  So my exams finish on the 2nd of December after which I vacate my accomodation- I will leave most of my stuff in storage in Singapore.  Then I'm going to travel for 2 weeks to Cambodia and then into Vietnam to visit the middle and Hoi An which i missed last time then I will be flying back to Australia from Ho Chi Minh for Christmas :-) Hooray!!!!I will be home for about 3 weeks so I will be able to catch up with you all!!

And now we are having all the farewell parties for those that were here only a semester...sad, it went so quick.  So thats about it.  I will try to upload photos later.  Missing you all and see you soon.

Love Katie XX

 

 

Travel Answers about Singapore

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.