Existing Member?

Robbie Hey everybody!! This journal was set up to keep everyone up to date with my travels through China and Vietnam. I will be volunteering in China up in the north west part of the country in a city called Urumqi for 13 weeks, helping out (hopefully) with teaching english. I will then have some time in Beijing to explore the sights. I then move on to Vietnam to meet up with my mum for a few days in Ho Chi Minh then fly up to Hanoi to volunteer with a local volunteer agency SJ Vietnam for 10 weeks. Then I fly home just in time for my 21st birthday. This journal will keep you up to date with all my volunteering adventures!!

Back to Vietnam with my mum!!

VIETNAM | Wednesday, 8 August 2007 | Views [1468] | Comments [2]

Me and mummy having a great time in Ho Chi Minh..

Me and mummy having a great time in Ho Chi Minh..

Hi everybody.  I am back in Vietnam.   It's good to have a change of location, a new culture and some friends!!I finally had some familar faces and people to talk to.  I am so happy that mum and Aunty Jane and Georgie and Jen came to visit me, it was getting a bit lonely travelling by myself.

It's great being back in Vietnam.  The people are just so lovely and the food is delicious.  So getting out of China was no hassel although my flight was delayed 3 hours so I didn't arrive in Ho Chi Minh until 12:30 in the morning, but it was easy to get to my hotel, I was thinking Shanghai had come back to haunt me.

So I went to the airport to meet mum and the girls, it was a great moment like in all those lovey movies and we ran to meet each other.  It was great to see them all, I was bursting with news and stories and nearly knocked them out with all my excitment.  So we had a few days to explore the markets and the city.  We went on a day trip to the Mekong Delta, which was just amazing.  We paid $10 each for a full day tour that was jam packed with things to do and see.  Mum even got a ride on the back of a motor bike and me and Jen braved the paddling canoe that was a bit overloaded with people and sitting very low in the water but it was fantastic.  The whole day was great and it was so nice to have people to do it with.  I also visited the Cu Chi tunnels before they arrived in Saigon, it was amazing the network they created under ground and tiny, us westerners only just fitted into the original holes, it was a tight squeeze....

So I have now parted ways with the girls and have arrived in Hanoi for my placement, which I think is going to be a very interesting experience full of many surprises.  I will be teaching again, focusing on phonetics so we will see how it goes.  I am glad I went to China first, so I am ready for all sorts of surprises.

Mum and the girls have now headed to Cambodia to see Ankor Wat and I will see them again in a few days when they arrive in Hanoi.  I have uploaded photos of our trip in Ho Chi Minh.

So a new experience is just around the corner for me.  I am so happy that I got to see mum and Georgie and Jen and Aunty Jane.  Its only 2 months and I will be home, its going to be a culture shock coming home.

So thank you Mum and Georgie and Aunty Jane and Jen for coming to visit me and I am sorry that everybody couldn't come but it's not long and I will be home.  I am missing everybody soooo muchhhh and I love hearing from you all.  Take care.

Lots and lots and lots of love from Katie XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Tags: Friends

Comments

1

Dear K8e - thankyou for the best time. So glad u posted these photos. See u on Friday
luv MumXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

  katie_rose Aug 9, 2007 10:45 AM

2

Hi Kate,Sue,Jane,Jen and Georgie,
Love your journals Kate what a great time you're having.
It makes you want to get up and go and see what's happening in the world. Can't wait to see you when you come home. Sue and girls it must be your last day. Will ring soon. Sorry have to go as work is calling.
Love
Vic

  Vic Brown Aug 17, 2007 7:38 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.