Existing Member?

Robbie Hey everybody!! This journal was set up to keep everyone up to date with my travels through China and Vietnam. I will be volunteering in China up in the north west part of the country in a city called Urumqi for 13 weeks, helping out (hopefully) with teaching english. I will then have some time in Beijing to explore the sights. I then move on to Vietnam to meet up with my mum for a few days in Ho Chi Minh then fly up to Hanoi to volunteer with a local volunteer agency SJ Vietnam for 10 weeks. Then I fly home just in time for my 21st birthday. This journal will keep you up to date with all my volunteering adventures!!

Whats been happening...

VIETNAM | Wednesday, 26 September 2007 | Views [1680] | Comments [3]

Naoko from Japan, Ngoc Vietnamese, me and MiYoung from Korea, after the 1 litre stein...

Naoko from Japan, Ngoc Vietnamese, me and MiYoung from Korea, after the 1 litre stein...

Hi everybody!!!!!  So its only 3 weeks now, I can't believe it.  The time in Hanoi has just flown.  The beginning was hard but now I am having the time of my life.  Meeting lots of new people all the time and so there is always something new and different to do.  But I can't wait to come home and see everybody.  I MISS HENRY THE MOST (hehehe) 

So whats been going on...Lots of work, this has just been one big learning experience, from teaching university students (almost all older than me) to doing some office work and visiting all of SJ Vietnam's projects.  I also got to visit the police station the other day, a very eye opening adventure, lets just say its in your interest to take some money with you....mmmmmmmm It was quite scary, but good to see with my own eyes.  So I am really seeing so much and loving every moment.

So now at the office I am living with 9 other people from all over the world.  Everyday I'm learning japanese, german, french and Korean.  Its a really great bunch of people and they get my sense of humour, its great to have a laugh.  I'm trying to teach the japenese and korean girls sarcasim, they now know never to listen to me...hehehe

So I teach everynight but saturday, so not a lot of free time...I will be fininshing work on the 8th of october so I can go and visit some more of vietnam.   I will try to get to Sapa and Halong Bay.  I will be nice to get out of the city.  But now I travel a lot by motorbike, but never driving, I don't think it would safe for everybody around me....

BUt so much has happened there are so many stories and stupid things I have done that I can't keep count.  It was nice the other weekend we went out to a Czech restaurant with some of our former house mates, one of which comes from the Czech Republic.  The food ended up being Vietnamese, but they had some really good beer, oh yeahhh I got to have a 1 litre stein again....mmmmm really good..It was a great night we later played some drinking games then went out to one of Hanois only clubs that stays open later than 12 am...It was a great night.  It was good to have a dance.

Wow I can't belive I will be back home again soon...I will leave it here for now.  I miss everybody and I hope you are all looking after yourselves and are having as much fun as me.  I will try to upload some photos with this.  Take care.

Robbo XXXXXX(aka Katie as I am now refered to as)

Tags: Party time

Comments

1

No lamb for u!! 3 weeks to go . u look so happy and skinny . Cann't wait

Travel safe my baby.

Love Mum and dad XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

  katie_rose Sep 29, 2007 1:13 PM

2

Hello Robert,
Looks like your having a very fun time.We are so excited that your going to be home very very soon!!!!We too think that you look abit skinny.
Sending big banana flavoured monkey kisses your way. Love you Vietnam. Julius and Megan XXXXXXX

  Julius and Megan Sep 29, 2007 1:54 PM

3

wow all that seems so exciting. Now i can t wait to get out and explore the big wide world.will have to cxall you when u are back and arrange a time to come and visit you and hear all your stories and look at all ur amazing pics.Can t wait.won t be long now.
xox jo ;)

  joanne Oct 4, 2007 12:10 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.