Existing Member?

My Travels This is a day by day journal, so in the future I can look back and reflect on my experiences and those I have shared them with.

Trekking in Luang Nam Tha - Day 2

LAOS | Saturday, 8 November 2008 | Views [428]

It was in the early hours that I regretted not bringing my sleeping bag liner....I had been bitten all over by bed bugs...."Don't Let The Bed Bugs Bite".....yeah right...too late now!  
We headed off early to continue our trek.  Today's walk was easier going than the day before, as we trekked through the jungle, following the local villager's tracks and streams, trying to avoid being bitten by Leeches. And yes in addition to bedbug bites, I  did have leech bite to add to the collection!  
We reached a river where we were to cross using a local raft, but it appeared that someone had taken it.  We had to wade across with our backpacks held high in our underwear. Personally I reckon there was no raft at all, and it was the doing of the guide to see the girls in their underwear.
After a few more hours and another river crossing (This time with a boat) we got our bus back to the Luang Nam Tha.  Later went out with the group for several Beerlao. 
Memorable Points:  River Crossing, Spending the night in a local village (Lantern Tribe), Trekking in the a**e end of nowhere

About justin


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Laos

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.