Existing Member?

My Travels This is a day by day journal, so in the future I can look back and reflect on my experiences and those I have shared them with.

Tubing in Vang Vieng

LAOS | Tuesday, 18 November 2008 | Views [4943]

Tubing in VV

Tubing in VV

Now feeling 100% back on form, headed back to the river to have another go at tubing. Five of us had decided to give it another go, since non of us had a particularly enjoyable trip last time. Must have been something in the water.

The sun was shining, the music was pumping out and the drinks were flowing like the river….it was great. I had numerous goes on the zip slides, swings and water slides. Unfortunately for me the impact on my body as I hit the river from the heights of 20 feet or more took it’s toll. Firstly directly on my face as I hit the water upside down (maybe I should have let go before the line ran out) and secondly, accidentally twisting as I shot out from the water slide……as I sit here writing this the whole of my left hand side varies from black to blue. It must have all looked impressive from the river banks as people were commending me later on in the afternoon as I floated down the river…….I tried not to show any signs of pain!!!

As the sun started to duck behind the mountains overlooking the river, we made our return to Vang Vieng following the flow of the river.

Later that evening met up with the others in the Bucket Bar. Turned out to be a late one…..sod it…. I’m on holiday!!

Memorable Points: Tubing, Acrobatics from the swings etc, Chilling out in hammocks in the early hours

 

About justin


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Laos

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.