Existing Member?

My Travels This is a day by day journal, so in the future I can look back and reflect on my experiences and those I have shared them with.

Luang Nam Tha- Nong Khiaw

LAOS | Sunday, 9 November 2008 | Views [373]

Decided to depart from Luang Nam Tha and make my way to Nong Khiaw further south.  Five of us (Tim, Patrick, Jeff and Denise) got a bus in the morning to Udomxai.  This was a most uncomfortable ride.  Many of roads were unmade and contained many potholes, and even by my standards sleep was impossible.

Once at Udomxai, we would have had to wait until 9:00am the next day to get a bus to take us to Nong Khiaw.  Fortunately with some hard bargaining from Tim we managed to commandeer a bus to take us straight to our destination.  It was great!, just five us on the whole coach (plus a random Laos guy).  Anyway no more squashed travel….we had the bus and bags of room. 

It was late by the time we reached Nong Khiaw, but even in the moonlight night sky, the looming mountain backdrop was amazing.  We found ourselves a bungalow by the river and crashed.

Memorable Points:  Having a whole bus for five passengers

About justin


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Laos

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.