Existing Member?

jnj away 2012...the journey continues

UK to Wales

UNITED KINGDOM | Tuesday, 19 July 2011 | Views [259]

Friday 24th – Tuesday 28th June  - UK to Wales

11:02:56 Friday 24 June - we took delivery of Kevin11, our brand-new baby caravan.  Weighing in at a grand 1750kg and 7.78m we can now confirm that all his biological systems function appropriately, that he doesn’t squawk “are we there yet?” whilst driving, and that he sleeps through the night! It was a relatively painless parturition with only four contractions as the EFTPOS machine sucked our life savings away over four days.  The instruction manual that accompanied him has thus far been pretty accurate as to where things are, how they work and what to do if they stop working. We’re proud to announce that he’s already toilet trained with a magnificent waterworks system!

Whilst Kevin is a bit of a drain to tow, our hope is that if we plonk him somewhere and leave him in place for a couple of weeks he’ll be distracted by the playful antics of other vans and be less demanding on our diesel budget.

Our first outing with Kev was a run down to Wales for a friend’s birthday bash.  He performed beautifully…there’s a lot to be said for a firm hand when parenting.  And as for the birthday bash – lots of plonk, plenty of roast beef and horseradish sauce plus a catch up with some Darwin mates. 

 

About jimboandjanet


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.