Existing Member?

jnj away 2012...the journey continues

Boat trip through the Delta to Moremi for a camping weekend, Botswana

BOTSWANA | Tuesday, 10 May 2011 | Views [568]

13th to 18th April 2011

Boat trip through the Delta to Moremi for a camping weekend, Botswana

On return to Maun we caught up again with a few friends, one having a fun 50th birthday dinner. 

We then had what was a really special African experience…a boat trip up through the Delta to BoGA campsite, Moremi Game Reserve.  The photos tell the story. It was another beautiful wetland experience. John and Julie took us on their boat and we travelled 150km along the waterways through reeds, hippo channels, past exclusive lodges and thatchers’ huts.  Words cannot describe how amazing the trip was.   On the Friday night we pitched the 2 tents by the river and enjoyed two wonderful nights there under a full moon. Highlights were a few swims on a clear sandy bank IN the river keeping a watchful eye for hippo or crocs!  We tried to fish with limited success, and on our return back in the boat we stopped to give way to elephants crossing the river.  How majestic they are…from a safe distance, anyway!

The next day we flew back (Air Botswana) to SA to get ready for our trip to the UK.

 

About jimboandjanet


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Botswana

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.