Existing Member?

No place like home...Thank goodness !!! For those of you that know us, you'll already know the story, basically we decided that we've both worked enough (I've been working for 11 years, Danielle for 11 Months) and that we deserve some long overdue R&R and decided to take in some sights....enjoy

Ebino-Kogen, not that we could tell through the mist!!!

JAPAN | Thursday, 5 July 2007 | Views [1235]

Another eventful journey - our bus decided to drop us in the middle of no where (almost), and we were definitely NOT up a mountain! We walked through Ebino `City`, which can otherwise be described as a ghost town (we literally saw about two cars and one person...who was driving the other day, i:ve no idea!! hehe! Not funny I know!)...we were trying to hitch-hike up to the top of the mountain, but it was proving to be more difficult than we thought...and there were definitely no buses/trains/hotels in Ebino!!

Eventually some kind man picked us up and took us up to foggy Ebino-Kogen! We settled well into our wood cabin, and were literally in the middle of the wilderness, there wasn`t another person there, just lots of deer and our host who kept talking to us in Japanese and making suggestions to James about the `Japanese Spa`!! The cabin was basic - just raised tatami mats and a broom!! Good to be out of the cities though!!

Us being us we turned up with 3 packs of spaghetti, a couple of pasta sauces, peppers, tomatoes and some pot noodles...but no way of cooking any of it! haha! The first night we `borrowed` some hot water from our host and feasted on curry pot noodle!! hehe! Thank goodness he was going away for a few days and leant us his stove and frying pan!!

All in all we did...not much! We wandered (for two hours) to a local Onsen (hot springs), which took us up a volcano in the gusting wind and rain and down again, only to find them completely derelict ....just our luck!The rest of the time we spent lounging around our new `home` (we got into a right little routine!), watching movies on the ipod, cooking pasta and going for Japanese spas (but only at night!).

We are now back in civilisation (Kagoshima)...feeling flush!

Tags: Mountains

 

About jamesanddan

Underwater us (we got in trouble for taking this picture as we didn't stay in our group !!)

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Japan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.