Existing Member?

No place like home...Thank goodness !!! For those of you that know us, you'll already know the story, basically we decided that we've both worked enough (I've been working for 11 years, Danielle for 11 Months) and that we deserve some long overdue R&R and decided to take in some sights....enjoy

The city so....unoriginal...they named it twice!!!

JAPAN | Thursday, 5 July 2007 | Views [684]

After leaving Hiroshima, we headed south to Fukuoka/Hakata. We already had a fairly hectic train journey, with about 5 changes, so when our train decided to stop at an unscheduled station for over an hour we were pretty confused (and annoyed, we had timed this so well!!). We eventually decided, after some deliberation as to whether we should spend the extra gbp12, to take the Shinkansen (bullet train) the rest of the way! It was pretty cool...and we arrived ahead of schedule! Shame we then found out our hotel was 20 mins out of town!! hmmmm!!

There isn`t really much to report on Fukuoka/Hakata...its a fairly normal city, and could have been anywhere (they say its the most `internationalised` of Japan`s cities - and it was fairly boring, so that statement is very true!!). The most exciting thing there was a shopping mall with a fake canal running through it! Oh, and we did have a row (but made up fairly swiftly, you`ll be pleased to know!) - all good fun!

So, again feeling the need to save money, we head for the moutains of Kirishima National Park, further south!

Woooooooosh!!!

Woooooooosh!!!

Tags: On the Road

 

About jamesanddan

Underwater us (we got in trouble for taking this picture as we didn't stay in our group !!)

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Japan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.