Existing Member?

Cayte & Ian Travels

Bonn, Monday 9 July

PORTUGAL | Monday, 9 July 2018 | Views [272]

Streets of the old town

Streets of the old town

With Ute leaving early for work we sorted ourselves.  I am really going to miss the German bread for brekky.  Nothing quite like it at home.  Uneventful trip and all connections worked.  Arrived in sunny Portugal and found our accommodation – not bad since it was just a door – its upstairs.  The room is nice, and the place has a deck on the roof with a view to the water.  Very pretty.  Wandered in to check out the town.  It is an odd place.  The streets are mainly cobbled, and most streets are so narrow in the “old” town that they are one way.  Drivers are very polite.  Parts are lovely and old and quaint and other parts are all graffitied and look like they might fall down any minute.  But despite some parts being run down, it feels quite safe.  Checked out the old cathedral, its museum and climbed the tower for a great city view.  The church itself is baroque – this style of architecture stuns me – over the top is an understatement.  Checked out the oldest pub in Faro – must say that the beer quality and variety is diminishing – Belgium, Germany and then Portugal.  Perhaps we should have done it the other way round?  Found a nice little restaurant for a tapas tea and then bought a local wine and sat on our roof and watched the sunset and the birds.

About europe2013

Om Marble Mountain

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Portugal

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.