Existing Member?

Cayte & Ian Travels

Bonn, Sunday 8 July

GERMANY | Sunday, 8 July 2018 | Views [277]

Walking in the forest with Kylie the dog

Walking in the forest with Kylie the dog

Thomas came back to pick up Kylie (the dog) and as Jan and Anni had stayed the night, we were a good crowd for a leisurely breakfast.  After that the three of us took Kylie for a walk in the forest.  Ian’s watch said we covered about 8km.  It is a lovely green area near the centre of Bonn and a very peaceful walking area even though there were many people on bikes or out with their children.  The vegetation was vastly different from the Australian forest and we saw some deer and pigs.  Then back to try spaghetti eis – this is spaghetti ice cream that comes out looking like spaghetti pasta, twirled around some cream, covered in strawberry sauce and shaved white chocolate – so excellent and so many calories!  Had another short walk (thank goodness) where we checked out the local railway for tomorrow before taking Kerstin there to send her back to Berlin (☹).  Always too short a time to spend with her.  We finished the day with a quiet evening in with Ute which was very pleasant.  Kerstin was not so lucky – they found a an old WWII bomb on the track between Bonn and Berlin and while she was nowhere near it, it resulted in a long delay and a very long trip for her.

About europe2013

Om Marble Mountain

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.