Existing Member?

Cayte & Ian Travels

Ghent, Friday 6 July

GERMANY | Friday, 6 July 2018 | Views [246]

Fachwerkhaus in Blankenheim

Fachwerkhaus in Blankenheim

Up early and out the door.  Made all our connections despite delays, one being that people were on the train tracks??  And waiting for us on the platform at Bonn was Kerstin.  As always wonderful to see her.  Came back to her place with her mum Ute and just caught up, sitting in the sunshine in their beautiful garden.  Later in the afternoon, the four of us headed off about 15 minutes down the road to the little town of Blankenheim which, of course has its own castle.  It is a gorgeous little town with cobbled streets and all the houses are Fachwerkhaus which looks like English Tudor, but the houses are much older – some going back to the 1300s.  We wandered around the town in the beautiful weather, checked out a local wedding and ended up staying there and having tea at a quaint little restaurant where Ute chose traditional German dishes for us to try – all very yummy.  The daylight in summer time over here stays till about 10.30pm and is thoroughly confusing as you forget that it could be night and often stay up far later than you think.

About europe2013

Om Marble Mountain

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.