Existing Member?

Cayte & Ian Travels

Leuven, Monday 2 July

BELGIUM | Monday, 2 July 2018 | Views [173]

View of Ghent from the castle

View of Ghent from the castle

Most of us met for breakfast before heading our separate directions.  Lyn, Ian and I had a trouble-free trip to Ghent.  The train was crowded, so we were split up and I scored a German couple to chat with.  Their English was limited so it was great.  We navigated our way through quite a few conversations (great practise).  Ghent is amazing.  We took a canal trip around to check the place out.  You could be sitting in 15th century Ghent in many places as all you can see are beautiful old buildings, cobblestones and no cars (the trams are a giveaway though).  We then went and explored the Castle of the Counts – this castle is in excellent condition and finally we got to climb something.  We followed this up with a walking tour around the city, a nice dinner and back to our accommodation.  I would recommend this place to anyone and I don’t think Lyn will be coming home – her room is perfect with a small garden.  So, after watching Belgium win into the next round of the World Cup we retired to the garden for a nightcap.  Great day.

About europe2013

Om Marble Mountain

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Belgium

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.