Existing Member?

Cayte & Ian Travels

Brussels, Thursday 28 June

BELGIUM | Thursday, 28 June 2018 | Views [203]

The Armed Forces Museum

The Armed Forces Museum

Had a walking day and covered about 20km!  Started at the Cinquantenaire, a large arch that celebrates 50 years of Belgium.  Inside it was a beautiful structure (to my mind similar to Crystal Palace) and is the museum of the Armed Forces and Military History.  It was one of the biggest displays of Military history we had seen and there was one area dedicated to planes – more WW1 planes than Ian had seen – and that’s saying something.  Some very rare.  And some Australian things too.  If was captivating and we were there for ages and finished off with a climb up the Arch and good views of Brussels.  We then headed to the other end of town and checked out the Basilica of the Sacred Heart which was huge.  It was done Art Deco style and sadly had really no character to it, but again provided a good view from the top.  We have confirmed that this area is flat.  Not a hill to be seen.  Finished the day off with dinner in the Grand Place, a couple of good beers and then watched the soccer – some very happy Belgians 😊.

About europe2013

Om Marble Mountain

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Belgium

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.