Existing Member?

Cayte & Ian Travels

Fussen, Friday 3 November 2017

GERMANY | Friday, 3 November 2017 | Views [494]

Neuschwanstein in the background - more views from Fussen

Neuschwanstein in the background - more views from Fussen

Today was our day in Füssen and it was perfect apart from the “rise and shine” part of the day. (added by Ian – Caytie was totally hungover). Caught the train to Füssen and were met by beautiful sunshine which we put to great use in the photos we took from the towers and hills we climbed.  The city was very quaint and was lucky to avoid any damage in either of the World Wars. We checked out the St Magnus monastery which is also the city museum.  It was interesting as much of the contents dated back to medieval times and they had a magnificent library of books dating back into 1800 which you could actually open and look at! And it had two towers. We then went to the little art museum - again medieval with some great story painting. And a tower! Then we went to climb the mountain. Up to the top of Kalvarienberg - 25 mins straight up nearly but the view was magnificent - in one direction Füssen and it’s lake, the other Neuschwanstein,  Hohenschwangau, Swan Lake and the mountains. Sat at the top for a while just absorbing the view. Dropped by Brydie’s hostel before catching the late train back to Munich.

 

About europe2013

Om Marble Mountain

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.