Existing Member?

Cayte & Ian Travels

Salzburg to Munich, Monday 30 October 2017

GERMANY | Monday, 30 October 2017 | Views [296]

Karls platz Munich

Karls platz Munich

Last morning in Salzburg.  This motel has been excellent.  It breakfast has been the best for our whole trip and the staff are delightful and helpful – will be a bit sad to go.  Caught the train to Munich and we had a first-class compartment to ourselves - very nice.  As the weather was still cold (not raining though) we decided to check out Munich via the Hop on Hop off bus.  On our last trip to Munich Ian and I spend time at Dachau and Neuschwanstein so did not see much of Munich outside the actual city so this was good – and warm.  We did two of their three trips and got a good history lesson at the same time.  Shopped on our way back to the motel and found almost a city underground at the main U Bahn station.  This meant we were out of the weather and could avoid the traffic which was madness today due to a public holiday tomorrow for Reformation day.  Where Kerstin lives they get this holiday every 500 years so she is really pleased its this year.  Our accommodation is good – it has a mini kitchen and a washing machine, so we cooked in and did washing.  Sounds boring but fun when you can’t do it often.

 

About europe2013

Om Marble Mountain

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.