Existing Member?

Cayte & Ian Travels

Salzburg, Sunday 29 October 2017

AUSTRIA | Sunday, 29 October 2017 | Views [309]

You can see what i mean about the cliff edge

You can see what i mean about the cliff edge

Our last day in Salzburg so we decided to find the last few Sound of Music spots.  We headed out in dubious weather and came across a storm – luckily there was a sky dome (part of an art installation) available.  It has a hole in the roof but protected us and our sad umbrellas from the swirling winds.  We sought out a cute coffee shop as respite and then headed on.  Our map confused us as we were consistently on a cliff edge so while things were 100m away they were 100m across and 30m down.  Found both the cliff top path with the great city view and concert hall but there was a concert on, so we could not have a look inside.  Having had enough of braving the weather we found the Salzburg museum and investigated the panorama photo that dates to the early 1800s and is 130m square detailing life in Salzburg 200 years ago.  We spend ages just looking at the picture before retiring to a local tavern for a beer (shocking service) and then back for dinner in. 

About europe2013

Om Marble Mountain

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Austria

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.