Existing Member?

Cayte & Ian Travels

Salzburg, Friday 27 October 2017

AUSTRIA | Friday, 27 October 2017 | Views [339]

I know we should be marching :)

I know we should be marching :)

Our tour picked us up at our motel and off we went.  For the first time this trip we found an Aussie travelling with us.  Jennifer from North Melbourne, and she was good company for the tour.  We went to all the main sights from the movie and learnt much about tips and tricks of Hollywood.  We saw the gazebo, the terrace at the back of one house on the little lake, the front of another house with the path where she sings from the bus to the house, the church where they were married, the lakes and hills in the opening scenes, the Mirabel gardens where the stairs, fountains and long covered archway is- and more.  The weather was miserable but as we went from place to place in the bus it wasn’t too bad, but afterwards it was back to the motel to dry off.  As the rain stopped we spent the afternoon up at the castle.  Yet another funicular up – thankfully as this hill is incredibly steep.  I understand why they had a castle up there.  We explored the life of the castle going back to 800AD.  Found a restaurant in one of the towers with a spectacular view and watched the sunset with a lovely dinner.  Great day.

About europe2013

Om Marble Mountain

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Austria

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.