Existing Member?

Cayte & Ian Travels

Zell am See to Salzburg, Thursday 26 October 2017

AUSTRIA | Thursday, 26 October 2017 | Views [327]

After the ice hockey match

After the ice hockey match

Our timing was excellent – all we could see 100m in each direction was fog.  So lucky with yesterday.  Caught the train back to Salzburg, booked in and went wandering the old town.  Found the steps and both fountains from “Sound of Music”.  Checked out the a few of the old town buildings including the Dom Cathedral – an amazing building.  Found several Christmas shops – lucky I have a baggage limit.  So much I would love to bring home.  Then off to watch the Salzburg Red Bull play the Hungarian Feharvar AV19 in an ice hockey match.  And I thought field hockey could be tough.  It was a great spectacle and we both really enjoyed it.  Meandered back through the old town and then Brydie arrived!!!  Was great to see her in person.  I can hardly believe it is 8 months since we have seen her.  Catching up was the order of the day – followed by watching the Sound of Music in preparation for our “Sound of Music” tour coming up.  Our motel even has one TV channel that shows it on permanent repeat.  

 

About europe2013

Om Marble Mountain

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Austria

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.