Existing Member?

Cayte & Ian Travels

Prague, Saturday 14 October, 2017

CZECH REPUBLIC | Saturday, 14 October 2017 | Views [230]

Beer Museum (?)

Beer Museum (?)

T-shirt weather today.  Started the day at the Naplavka farmers market on the banks of the river.  Lots of fresh produce and so many interesting things to eat.  We limited ourselves to trying one thing each.  We then went for a wander in search of the funicular railway and found a poor substitute in one of the hotels – but the view was nice.  Then back into the centre of town for the Beer Museum.  One happy Ian.  Actually it was rather informative and at the end we got a complimentary tasting – four different types of local beer.  Then continued our sightseeing through the Old Town area.  It is a pretty place.  Decided to finish the day with a visit to Lokal, one of the venues recommended to us for good Czech cuisine (and beer).  The beer is noted on the front of the glass bar with the date it was made – and it is never more than 2 days old.  Ended up at a table with two guys, Jamie and Lloyd, who turned out to be from Stafford, not far from Birmingham, and are cricket fans.  In fact Lloyd will be over for the Ashes series this year.  What started as a quiet night out, developed into great food, good beer, excellent company and a much too late night.  

About europe2013

Om Marble Mountain

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Czech Republic

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.