Existing Member?

Cayte & Ian Travels

Berlin, Friday 6 October 2017

GERMANY | Friday, 6 October 2017 | Views [312]

Us inside the Reichstag dome

Us inside the Reichstag dome

Went for a wander to Marienkirche, one of the oldest churches in the city.  It dates prior to the 11th century but no one is exactly sure when. It has the most amazing murals which appear to support Eric Von Danniken’s theories on aliens.  Creepy.  While wandering through we were fortunate to have someone practising on the huge pipe organ.  From there we met Kerstin at the Brandenburg Tor and head to our tour of the Reichstag dome.  It was an amazing building and we explored right to the very top.  The weather was still ordinary but not as windy.  After the Reichstag we headed off to Kreuzberg, a hippy trendy suburb and tried a currywurst before going to the Russian memorial which honours the fallen Soviet soldiers.  It covered a vast area.  The sun came out and we wandered round the huge complex enjoying this until the heavens opened and we were absolutely soaked in a few minutes – so badly we had to go back and change – clothes and shoes.  That decided the rest of the day – Kaffee & Kuchen, followed by dinner and bier.  Said our goodbyes to Kerstin (☹) until next time as she is out of Berlin for the weekend.

About europe2013

Om Marble Mountain

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.