Existing Member?

Cayte & Ian Travels

Singapore, Monday April 20

SINGAPORE | Monday, 20 April 2015 | Views [273]

The panda

The panda

Started and ended the day with a swim in the infinity pool in the boat on the top of our motel. Just a bit special :).  Went off exploring and ended up at the Arts Science museum which is an unusual building - it looks like a lotus flower. The Leonardo da Vinci display was in the bowels as there was quite a few pages from his Codex Atlanticus and they were originals so it was heavily climate controlled - read this as I froze.  It was interesting. I didn't realise how far his talents went, covering so many disciplines. From there we went straight to the River Safari which is basically a zoo based around the environments, habitats and animals of the world's six biggest rivers. And they had pandas and otters! Both active little things and so cute.  It was very well done and interesting. We stayed out at there and went on to the Night Safari, which is the world's first zoo for nocturnal animals, many of them endangered. Before you enter you are treated to a tribal dance which included fire eating, then we had a show in an outdoor amphitheatre with some of the tamer animals. To check out all the animals we walked all four of the trails, and did the 40 minute tram ride to cover off the other areas you could not walk to.  This park covers seven geographical regions from the Himalayan foothills to the jungles of Africa, and was really well done.  Was fairly done in by the end of the day. 

About europe2013

Om Marble Mountain

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Singapore

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.