Existing Member?

Cayte & Ian Travels

Singapore, Sunday April 19

SINGAPORE | Sunday, 19 April 2015 | Views [266]

Who is flying.a 737?

Who is flying.a 737?

Happy birthday Casey!  Went over to Andrea's motel the Shangri-La, for breakfast. They have a buffet that is huge and such an array, from soups, cooked dishes in many nationalities, fruits, cereals, drinks including champagne, etc. Needless to say we made full use of the facilities. We parted from Andrea as she is flying out today, and went to Orchard Road to check out the Singapore shopping experience. Interesting viewing but did not keep us there for very long. Caught a cab which is one of the few cheap things in Singapore to the Singapore Flyer. Views from this were very good and we enjoyed our spin around. While there Ian noticed a flight experience simulator and yes, he had to have a go. So for half an hour he got to take off, fly and land a 737, and did quite well. The grin said it all. We then went and did the walk around the supertrees, the SkyWalk.  it did not go for very long, but the trees themselves are actually quite interesting because of the air plants growing on them. Then it was off to Sentosa, and another go on Segways. Went at rather a sedate pace which was good and I managed to stay upright this time. Gave us an opportunity to explore Sentosa Island from one end to the other. It is very much a resort island with all manner of activities aimed at that, and lots of beach frontage.  Back to the Marina Bay Sands and up to the 57th floor to have a cocktail on the deck. We watched the nightly light show up there and then came back to our room and scored the light show on the supertrees which was even better. Too exhausted to sort dinner we went with room service which was fun. 

About europe2013

Om Marble Mountain

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Singapore

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.