Existing Member?

Cayte & Ian Travels

Vietnam, Saturday April 4

VIETNAM | Saturday, 4 April 2015 | Views [263]

At Cu Chi at the display

At Cu Chi at the display

Another early rise, and checkout of Saigon.  We made our way out to the Cu Chi for a tour of the tunnels and the displays that went with them - the way the VietCong operated in and around the tunnels - their weapons, how they cooked, how they disguised their ventilation shafts, how they made their kitchen smoke come out at places far from them, how they disguised their operations and their clothes (making shoes that looked like they were walking the other way) - basically, how they managed to survive.  The tunnels themselves were clostrophobic and tiny despite being enlarged for us westerners - Ian basically had to crawl most of the way.  A grim existence for all those involved in the conflict on either side  From there we went to the airport for our flight to Danang, and short bus ride to Hoi An. A walk around Hoi An shows that this is not like anywhere else we have been yet. It is sort of old French provincial - and clean. And there are more tailors than i believed possible. A really nice tea at Cargo. 

 

About europe2013

Om Marble Mountain

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.