Existing Member?

Cayte & Ian Travels

Vietnam, Friday April 3

VIETNAM | Friday, 3 April 2015 | Views [353]

One of the tanks that stormed the gates to end the Vietnam war

One of the tanks that stormed the gates to end the Vietnam war

This morning it was off to the War Remnants Museum. There were quite a few old planes and tanks that were left behind from what we call the Vietnam war. The Vietnamese call it the American war. Inside the building was a large photo display which detailed many war atrocities including the inhumane killings and the effects of agent Orange, focusing mainly on what was done by the Americans. To say it was disturbing was an understatement.  A rather sombre group left there for the main Buddhist pagoda.  They were celebrating the 15th day of their lunar cycle, so there are many Buddhists there praying to the gods, Buddha and their ancestors. I left Ian and the boys having an ordinary lunch, while a group of us ladies went to the Caravelle for high tea. Just beautiful - up there with the Windsor. We went to a cultural Vietnamese show at the Opera house called AO (pronounced ahhh ohhh) done in a similar style to Cirque du Soleil. The only props were bamboo sticks and bamboo baskets and it was quite exceptional, and told the story of Vietnam as it has grown. A lovely tea at a restaurant called Lemongrass. 

About europe2013

Om Marble Mountain

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.