Existing Member?

Cayte & Ian Travels

Saturday 13 July

IRELAND | Saturday, 13 July 2013 | Views [284]

Cliffs of Moher.  See the people at the top?

Cliffs of Moher. See the people at the top?

Had another lovely Irish brekkie then headed off for County Clare. The countryside was amazing. Apart from the rock walls, the fields look like they grow rocks. We headed to Killarney with two stops. First at the circle fort of Caherconnell which is a current archeological dig site. Honestly though apart from the walls I can't tell how they can tell what rocks were put there on purpose and which weren't. Our second and long stop was at the Cliffs of Insanity (sorry - Moher) - one of the main attractions of Ireland. The cliffs are up to 800m tall and at some points it was scary standing and looking down as they do not believe in any sort of safety rail! I did get zapped by the electric fence protecting the cows on the other side though! Had a beer later in a pub in Kilkenny where we got to watch a game of hurling and the local bartender was more than happy to explain it to us - it was great.

About europe2013

Om Marble Mountain

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Ireland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.