Existing Member?

Continental Divide Trail 2011 close to 3000 miles through new mexico, colorado, wyoming and montana. May 1 start date.

kennedy meadows: mile 702

USA | Friday, 5 June 2009 | Views [804] | Comments [2]

I made it here to Kennedy Meadows yesterday morning (the 4th). I caught up with nearly everyone I knew from the beginning. They were surprised to see me walk in yesterday and it made all those long days worth it. The last 10 days were wonderful. I passed through the last of the desert and started gaining elevation and seeing trees and mountains with snow on top. I could feel the Sierra approaching. The last day it rained hard for hours so I called in early at 3 pm after 20 miles and read in my tent the rest of the day. I am currently waiting for me resupply box to arrive and for the weather to turn before I make the trek into the Sierra. We will be climbin mout whitney just a few days from here and pass through Sequia and Kings Canyon and then Yosemite. I am so very ready to be in the mountains. But I am getting antsy here. Literally all there is here in Kennedy Meadows is a general store with some outside showers, a washing machine and some space for us to set up our tents. There are dozens of us here just wasting time reading and playing cards, resting before we hit the snow. This morning 20 of us were given a ride 2 miles down the road to Irelan's Fine Foods breakfast place. It was probably the best restaurant I've ever been in: no lighting, dirty. A one man show. We took up the entire room and had to go in a circle to order our food and several of us had to volunteer to help cook and serve. Wonderful. Well, I better get back to the porch so I can people watch some more.

Tags: waiting

Comments

1

Hi Emily,
There was an article in the paper by a reporter who walked with a guy on your trail for 5 days. He said it wasn't for sissies.

Hooked on Annie's Goddess dressing.

Cloudy weather here.--B & J

  Bev Jun 19, 2009 8:45 AM

2

Hey Em, I'm glad you are doing well! Enjoy Yosemite!

  Yuliya Jun 20, 2009 10:48 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.