Existing Member?

Worldtrip a 45 year old's adventures around the world-which include everything from sitting in random McDonalds using his notebook, hanging with 22 year olds, and other immature stuff.

Gilli Air To Ubud

INDONESIA | Monday, 4 January 2016 | Views [534]

Yesterday I woke up in Gili Air. I slept in the open air bungalow covered by mosquito nets, and it was very nice. I tried to use the shower, but  couldn't turn it  on-I thought It wasn't working-so I took a walk all over the island which was ok. It was very nice. There we're roosters cockadooing, cows in pens mooing over the island. People we're riding around on bikes.

I found at ATM.

 

After I came back hot and sweaty, I returned to find that I needed to turn the faucet of the shower, and I did so I took a shower, and I rested and read a  little in the common area at the hostel, which was just a bamboo hut. I decided to  leave the island today rather then stay an extra day.  It was a nice island for someone who likes to scuba and snorkel, but for me I  prefer cities and culture, so after one day, I decided to   just leave and go to Ubud. The boat didn't leave until 3:00, so I decided to rest.

 

On the boat, I hung out with some folks I met from the UK, and rested on the top deck-which was open. One guy from Sweden put on some house/trance music on his phone-and the ship staff connected the music to the ship's speaker. So It was really nice cruising in the sunset listening to the music which, over a few beers, seemed to totally enhance the journey.

 

 After the journey, I shared a bus with some people from the trip and went to the hostel in Ubud.  

 

 

Tags: bali, indonesia, ubud

 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.