Existing Member?

Worldtrip a 45 year old's adventures around the world-which include everything from sitting in random McDonalds using his notebook, hanging with 22 year olds, and other immature stuff.

The End

USA | Saturday, 31 October 2015 | Views [420]

Yesterday was my final day of the trip, and a long one.
I walked down to downtown Lviv, it was a long walk and it was cold out. I had two breakfasts-first at Mcdonalds, but there WIFI wasn't working, and then at a restaurant(to use the WIFI) with bread and soup. At Mcdonalds, I had an oatmeal and Mcmuffin without the sausage. At the restaurant at about 10;30 am, I had miso soup and fococcia bread,
Then after working on the computer, I walked around in the 30ish to 40ish degree cold, up to an old fort with a great view of the city. I went back down to the town and had lunch of herring and dough with potato and mushroom (food is cheap so I eat a lot). I walked around more, past an old cathedral-I thought I was lost but actually found another way back to the hostel. I then went back to the hostel to do the final packing.
IT got dark and colder-and I had a farewell dinner of two entrees: pasta and a vegetable pan, with a tall beer-I think the waitress of the restaurant was surprised by how much I eat, but I was hungry, and the entire meal was around $3.00.
I returned to the hostel to shower and rest before catching the night train back to Kiev-once again I had a tight sleeper car-this time with a deaf woman, her grandaugher, (i think), and another lady. Upon boarding, the deaf woman's friends we're on the train to see her off and communicating with her in sign language. I think that the deaf woman signed to her friends she didn't like me and didn't want me in the same compartment.
Other then that, the ride was unevenful-uncomfortable once again but ok. At the Kiev station, I walked to the back and took the bus to the airport. I had plenty of time so had breakfast of a crossiant and greek salad (no regular breakfast). I went to the gate and got on the plane after long waits in security, and closed the door on 5 3/4 months in Europe.

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.