Existing Member?

Worldtrip a 45 year old's adventures around the world-which include everything from sitting in random McDonalds using his notebook, hanging with 22 year olds, and other immature stuff.

Montenegro 4U the Reprise

MONTENEGRO | Sunday, 6 September 2015 | Views [583]

 I didn't get much sleep. As mentioned, the combo of drinkin, eating, beer pong, and skinny dipping, kept me up until 3:00 am, and I had an early tour yesterday, where I had to meet at another hostel for a tour of different points of Montenegro at 8:30-am-so figuring I should leave around 7:30, (i didn't know exactly where the other hostel was), I got only a few hours of sleep.

 

It was easy to find the other hostel, in the old town of Montenegro. It turned out a guide was running the tour with 8 of us, filling the 9 person van. 

 

The first point of the tour was the winding serpentine road that goes high into the mountains of Montenegro, and provides great views of the harbor, including the cruise ships that are parked in front of the hostel (today it was Celebrity Constellation). 

 

After we ooed and awed, we went further up the mountain to a national park where there is a monument high up in the mountain which was a mausoleum of Petar II Petrović-Njegoš

, a former prince of Montenegro, which was at the summit. A guy was playing an instrument that looked like a bagpipe, and a whole bunch of people we're dancing. It was a nice time.

 

Afterwards, we went to another small town, where we took a boat on Skadar Lake, which was a nice lake with a lot of different types of birds, but a little boring. We then again drove up the mountains high up in Skadar Lake and admired the views of different mountains, spreading unto 6 different countries.

 

Then we visited the former capital of Montenegro, called Cetinje, and walked around, saw the old monestary where a St Peter is buried with the hand of John the  Baptist. We also had a good lunch in this town, myself of salad and grilled rice and mushrooms. 

 

We stopped at a garage because the driver's old Mercedes van had a ping or something, and waited while we played with his 2 puppies that we're caged.

 

We walked around the old town of a nearby town called Budva where Casino Royale was filmed (partially), and went to the beach at the end of the day around sunset.

 

It was 8:00 pm by the time the tour got back, and I returned to the hostel around 8:30. After the previous night-I planned on a nice quiet evening, or at least a nap when I got back.  Saturday night at a party hostel is hardly the place for a quiet evening-so the evening ended up similar to the previous evening-a game similar to beer pong (I didn't play-just watched), pub crawl, and a finale of skinny dipping once again.  I didn't get to bed around 3:00 am-closer to 3:15 tonight. 

Tags: kotar, montenegro

 

 

Travel Answers about Montenegro

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.