Existing Member?

Worldtrip a 45 year old's adventures around the world-which include everything from sitting in random McDonalds using his notebook, hanging with 22 year olds, and other immature stuff.

Layin Back in Kotor

MONTENEGRO | Monday, 7 September 2015 | Views [428]

Yesterday was another full day here in Kotor, but unlike the previous day I stayed local. At first I went to the old town-I wanted to find out if a walking tour was going on.  I asked about walking tours either-the person at the visitors information center replied that they are 40 Euros per hour for a guide if I did it by myself-and there was no way to do it with others since nobody else was signed up. However, I found there was a hop-on hop-off bus for 20 Euros, that comes with a free walking tour-so I planned on doing this.

 

The only problem is that walking tours, and other tourist services, are only offered when there is a big ship in port, and none we're in port except for a Silver Seas vessel. So I just wandered around old town, having some potato something for lunch I bought for 1.53 Euros.

 

At 2:00, I took a short boat ride which went to a tiny island with just a small church on it, and also to the old town of Perast, which consists of a church with tower, small shops, and small quaint buildings on the hill. After 1/2 an hour stop here, the boat went back to Kotor. On the boat, I met some 40ish something guys from Colorado, and told them I was staying at hostels. They asked about the wrist band I was wearing-I told them it was from the pub crawl at the hostel-called a numb crawl. I guess it looks sort of ridiculous-but i told them to look at it not through the lens of a 45 year old-but the 20ish somethings  I have been hanging out with. Walking back to the hostel, I was talking to a plump 50 yearish Nebraska women from Nebraska who was on the boat ride to-she worked at the US Embassy in Sarajevo-. On the way back, I encountered a group from the hostel, and we greeted each other. The lady was probably wondering why I was talking to a 8 guys/girls half my age who greeted me by my first name.

 

At about 5:00, I laid on the beach across from the hostel and took a nap-which lasted about 2 hours-the nights up late have caught up with me.

 

At 9:00, there was a family style barbecue at the hostel. I didn't eat much-I stopped at the supermarket before, but it was nice having some salad and bsing with the others in the hostel. Some British guy mentioned he missed eating popping pigs from Mark and Spencer, (some type of candy), but he also ate pullish pigs, (or something like that).

 

I went to bed around midnight-so pub crawls, skinny dipping tonight-I was tired.

 

 

Travel Answers about Montenegro

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.