Existing Member?

Worldtrip a 45 year old's adventures around the world-which include everything from sitting in random McDonalds using his notebook, hanging with 22 year olds, and other immature stuff.

Hostel Warfare

SERBIA | Wednesday, 26 August 2015 | Views [605]

The day before yesterday, I decided to stay an additional  night at the Hedonist Hostel, which meant switching rooms. I don't like switching rooms, as that means packing up, keeping my luggage at checkout until 2:00 pm, and then moving to a new room. But it isn't unusual and I have done it  numerous times before.

 

So after the Tesla museum yesterday, I moved into my new room. Unlike my first room which was in the main building next to the receptionist, this room was in the building next door, which entailed walking up a set of stairs, down another set of stairs, and up a third set of stairs to the new room. In the new room, the majority of the 8 bunks we're vacant, which meant I had my choice of bunks, and I chose a bottom bunk.  The bottom bunk to me is very important. I HATE top bunks. I don't like to climb, and my feet are hurting from weeks and months of doing a lot of walking. A top bunk is a pain in the ass. It means that if I forget something after climbing down to to go the bathroom/shower, often times I  have to climb back up to get it. At 45 I should not be in a bunk bed!

 

So I was excited to get a bottom bunk. I immediately lied on the bed for a few moments. And then I went out, to go to the other side of the river, and see the movie I mentioned in the previous post. 

 

After the movie, I went back to the hostel, but again saw the others in the hostel playing a card game and joined them. 

 

By the time I returned to the room, it was after midnight. My feet we're hurting and I was anxious to get to bed. The others staying in the room we're out at that point. I went to the bed I had chosen, and saw-someone else's shirt on the bed.  i was PISSED. That was my bed. I chose it. And this person put his clothes there.  I immediately took the shirt, put in on someone else's bed, and lied down on MY bed.

 

After a moment, I realized MY error, and it was MY error. Although I put my suitcase next to the bed, I never put my clothes on the bed to signify it was mine. I reluctantly took one of the two remaining beds (both upper bunks, of course), and moved my suitcase over there. And went to bed-I didn't sleep very well.

 

 

Travel Answers about Serbia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.